Terms of Service
Welcome to the Afrilancer.net. Afrilancer.net is a marketplace platform for services performed by its users.
The following terms and conditions (these “Terms of Service”), govern your access to and use of the Afrilancer website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.Afrilancer.net (the “Site”).
This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the Afrilancer services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request here.
Jobbs® are services offered on Afrilancer.
Afrilancers are users who offer and perform services through Jobbs on Afrilancer.
Buyers are users who purchase services on Afrilancer.
Jobb Page is where the seller can describe their Jobb and the Jobb’s terms, and the buyer can purchase the Jobb and create an order.
Custom Offers are exclusive proposals that a seller can create in response to specific requirements of a buyer.
Custom Orders are requests made by a buyer to receive a Custom Offer from a seller.
Orders are the formal agreement between a buyer and seller after a purchase was made from the seller’s Jobb Page.
Order Page is where buyers and Afrilancers communicate with each other in connection with an ordered Jobb.
Disputes are disagreements experienced during an order between a buyer and seller.
Revenue is the money Afrilancers earn from completed orders.
Jobb Extras are additional services offered on top of the Seller’s Jobb for an additional price defined by the Seller.
Jobb Multiples are additional quantities of unique orders from the Afrilancers Jobb.
Overview (Main terms, in a nutshell)
- Most Jobbs® on Afrilancer are offered at a base starting price of N5,000. Some Jobbs are offered at a base price of less than N5,000.
- Only registered users may buy and sell on Afrilancer. Registration is free.
- Buyers pay Afrilancer in advance to create an order.
- Orders are purchased through the Order button found on a seller’s Jobb page or through a Custom Offer.
- For fees and payments please read the purchasing section here.
- Afrilancers gain account statuses (Levels) based on their performance and reputation. Advanced levels provide their owners with benefits, including offering services for higher prices through Jobb Extras, or selling their Jobb in multiples.
- Afrilancers must fulfill their orders, and may not cancel orders on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling orders will affect Afrilancers’ reputation and status.
- Users may not offer or accept payments using any method other than placing an order through Afrilancer.net.
- Buyers are granted all rights for the delivered work, unless otherwise specified by the seller on their Jobb page. Note: some Jobbs charge additional payments (through Jobb Extras) for Commercial Use License. See our “Ownership” and “Commercial Use License” sections below for more information.
- Afrilancer retains the right to use all published delivered works for Afrilancer marketing and promotion purposes.
- Each order you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with a net revenue of 80% of the purchase amount.
- Afrilancer accredits Afrilancers once an order is completed. See our “Orders” section below for a definition of a completed order.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete. Top Rated Afrilancers are eligible to withdraw revenue following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the order is marked as complete.
- Withdrawals from your account may become disabled upon review of our Trust & Safety team. This may be done for security concerns in order to prevent fraudulent transactions, reported poor performance or violations to our Terms of Service from buyers to our Customer Support team, or if another Afrilancer profile is associated to the same withdrawal providers. Enabling withdrawals will be evaluated by our Trust & Safety team following a review of your account.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer’s shopping balance.
- Afrilancers may withdraw their revenues using one of Afrilancer’s withdrawal options.
- The seller’s rating is calculated based on the order reviews posted by buyers. High ratings allow Afrilancers to obtain advanced seller levels (see Levels below).
- Afrilancers are allowed to post a select amount of active Jobbs based on their Level status.
- 5 Jobbs for Afrilancers without a Level status.
- 7 Jobbs for Level 1 Afrilancers.
- 10 Jobbs for Level 2 Afrilancers.
- 15 Jobbs for Level 3 Afrilancers.
- Jobbs created on Afrilancer are User Generated Content.
- Jobbs may be removed by Afrilancer for violations to these Terms of Service, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services, Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement
- Copyright Infringement, Trademark Infringement reported through our Intellectual Property Claims Policy found here
- Adult oriented services, Pornographic, Inappropriate/Obscene
- Intentional copies of Jobbs
- Spam, Nonsense, or Violent Jobbs
- Jobbs misleading to buyers, including violations of third party terms of service
- Reselling of regulated goods
- Jobbs that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the removal of the seller’s account.
- Jobbs that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Jobbs may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
- URLs in your Jobb text that redirect to third party websites are subject to approval and may be considered inappropriate to use on Afrilancer.
- Jobbs are required to have an appropriate Jobb image related to the service offered. An option to upload two additional Jobb images are available to all Afrilancers.
- Jobbs may contain an approved Jobb Video uploaded through the Jobb management tools available on Afrilancer.
- Statements on the Jobb Page that undermine or circumvent these Terms of Service is prohibited.
Afrilancer is all about helping Afrilancers leverage their skills. We seek to empower top performing Afrilancers with helpful tools to grow their business. Afrilancers who invest in self-promotion may achieve greater customer satisfaction. And, if they deliver on time and maintain high quality and ratings, Afrilancer may reward them with new statuses, special opportunities, benefits, and tools that come with it.
- Afrilancer Afrilancers can gain account Levels based on their activity, performance and reputation. The advancement criteria can be found here.
- Advancement in Levels are updated periodically by an automated system.
- The current Levels a seller can achieve are, Level 1, 2, and Top Rated.
- Afrilancers who cannot maintain their high quality service, experience a severe drop in ratings, or stop delivering on time risk losing their seller status and the benefits that come with it. For example, late deliveries, warnings to the seller’s account and cancellations can cause a seller to move to a different Level.
- Advanced levels provide their owners with additional benefits, including offering Jobbs for higher prices through Jobb Extras, or selling their Jobb in multiples.
Top Rated Afrilancers
- Top Rated Afrilancers are chosen manually by Afrilancer editors based on seniority, volume of sales, extremely high rating, exceptional customer care and community leadership. Top Rated Afrilancers gain access to more extensive features than previous levels, including exclusive access to beta features and VIP support.
- Top Rated eligibility is constantly evaluated by Afrilancer to ensure that the quality standards of the Top Rated selection is kept. Top Rated Afrilancers who cannot maintain their high quality service through a severe drop in ratings, stop delivering on time, or violate our Terms of Service risk losing their Top Rated status and the benefits that come with it.
- Afrilancers can also send Custom Offers addressing specific requirements of a buyer. Custom Offers are defined by the seller with the exact description of the service, the price and the time expected to deliver the service.
- Custom Offers are sent from the conversation page.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of Afrilancer’s withdrawal providers.
- Your Afrilancer profile can be associated with only one account from each Afrilancer withdrawal providers. A withdrawal provider account can be associated with only one Afrilancer profile.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete.
- To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal provider / method.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to refund or change this process once it has begun.
- You may not offer Afrilancers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the Afrilancer.net site.
- Afrilancer retains the right to use all published delivered works for Afrilancer marketing and promotional purposes.
- Buyers may request a specific service from the Post a Request feature found from the Shopping dashboard. Services requested on Afrilancer must be an allowed service on Afrilancer. Please click here for guidelines on approved services.
- Buyers pay Afrilancer to create an order from a seller’s Jobb page, through the Order Now button.
- In addition buyers can request a Custom Order which addresses specific buyer requirements, and receive a Custom Offer from Afrilancers through the site or through Afrilancer Anywhere.
- Jobbs may be purchased using a Credit Card, PayPal, Voguepay; Interswitch; SimplePayForU; Skrill; Afrilancer Credit, and in certain countries Skrill.
- Processing fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover payment processing and administrative fees. The current fees assessed to the total purchase amount can be found here. When purchasing from your seller’s balance (i.e. out of your earned revenues) or buyer’s shopping balance (resulting from any credits or refunds) you will not be charged a processing fee. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.
- If you have funds in your account balance, either from your Shopping or available Revenue balance, it will be automatically applied to your next purchase, but only in the event that your balance covers the entire purchase amount.
- You may not offer Afrilancers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the Afrilancer.net site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support here.
- Once payment is confirmed, your order will be created and given a unique order number.
- Orders purchased with a combination of Jobb Extras and Jobb Multiples are multiple unique orders with additional services added to each order.
- Afrilancers must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Work button (located on the Order page) according to the service that was purchased and advertised on their Jobb.
- Using the Deliver Work button may not be abused by Afrilancers to circumvent Order guidelines described in this Terms of Service. Using the “Deliver Work” button when an order was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that order after review, affect the seller’s rating and result in a warning to seller.
- An order is marked as complete after the order is marked as Delivered and then rated by a buyer. An order will be automatically marked as complete if not rated and no request for modification was submitted within 3 days after marked as Delivered.
- We encourage our buyers and Afrilancers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves, including by using the Resolution Center tab in the order page. If for any reason this fails, users can contact Afrilancer’s customer support department for assistance here.
- When a buyer orders a Jobb, the seller is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Afrilancers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when creating their Jobbs. Failing to do so will allow the buyer to cancel the order when an order is marked as late and may harm the seller’s rating.
- Afrilancers must send completed files and/or proof of work using the Deliver Completed Work button (located on the Order page) to mark the order as Delivered.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Afrilancer will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- A Seller may cancel an order without the buyer’s consent at any given moment (Force Cancellation). However, this will have a negative effect on the seller’s rating.
- Buyers may use the “Request Modifications” feature located on the Order page while an order is marked as Delivered if the delivered materials do not match the seller’s description on their Jobb page or the requirements sent to the seller at the beginning of the order process.
- Feedback reviews provided by buyers while completing an order are an essential part of Afrilancer’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the buyer’s overall experience with the Afrilancers and their service. Buyers are encouraged to communicate to the seller any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the seller.
- Leaving a buyer’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a buyer. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms of Service.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Afrilancer platform from users within our Community. Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance seller ratings, or to abuse the Afrilancer platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by buyers are publicly displayed on a seller’s Jobb page. Buyers have the option not to include a comment, but still rate the service. Cancellation of an order does not remove feedback unless mutually agreed.
- Work Samples are the delivered images and videos sent to a buyer in a delivery message. Work Samples are added to a Afrilancers’ Live Portfolio on their Jobb page if the buyer chooses to publish the Work Sample while providing a public feedback review.
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Jobb’s service with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
- Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the buyer has three days to respond and post a review (or 14 days for Jobbs with shipping). If no response is provided within the response period, the order will be considered completed.
- Users are allowed to leave reviews on orders up to 30 days after an order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an order after 30 days.
- In some Jobbs offered on Afrilancer you will be able to use Stock Images.
- Stock Images are offered as part of the Jobb only from a catalog found on Afrilancer (the “Stock Image(s)”). When choosing the Extra of Stock Images, the Seller will use a Stock Image(s) of his selection and will provide it as part of the delivered work.
- Important: Each selected Stock Image(s) is authorized for one time use integrated with the delivered work only and not as a stand-alone or for reoccurring use. Afrilancers are unauthorized to share the original image file with the Buyer or any third party.
- Important: If you will cancel an order that includes a Stock Image(s), the Stock Image(s) will be cancelled as well and you will no longer be able to use the Stock Image(s).
- All Stock Images are licensed by GettyImages®, who has full ownership and copyrights to the Stock Images and shall be responsible for all Stock Images and their quality.
- When using the Stock Images, you represent and warrant the following:
- You may not sell, modify, re-use, re-sell, distribute, display, reproduce or make any other use of the Stock Image(s).
- Stock Image(s) may not be used:
- on a stand-alone basis with no other content;
- for pornographic, defamatory or other unlawful purposes;
- as templates used to create multiples copies of the same Jobb;
- for the purpose of enabling file-sharing of the image file; or
- in logos, trademarks, services marks or any other branding or identifiers.
- If Stock Image(s) featuring an individual(s) is used in connection with a sensitive, unflattering or controversial subject, you must include a statement that the image is used for illustrative purposes only and the individual is a model.
- You may not activate the “right-click” function in Stock Image(s), remove any metadata in Stock Image(s), or reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Stock Image(s) to enable the download or use Stock Image(s) on a stand-alone basis.
- No ownership or copyrights to Stock Image(s) are granted to you.
- Users can contact Afrilancer’s customer support department for assistance here
- Some of the services on Afrilancer are delivered physically (arts and crafts, collectable items, etc.). For these types of Jobbs, Afrilancers may decide to add shipping charges. Afrilancers can add shipping charges for local shipping (within the same country) and for international shipping (anywhere else).
- Important: Buyers who order Jobbs that require physical delivery, will be asked to provide a shipping address.
- Afrilancers are responsible for all shipping arrangements once the buyer provides the shipping address.
- Afrilancer does not handle or guarantee shipping, tracking, quality, and condition of items or their delivery and shall not be responsible or liable for any damages or other problems resulting from shipping.
- A tracking number is a great way to avoid disputes related to shipping. We require entering the tracking number if available in the order page when delivering your work.
Printing and Shipping
- Some of the services on Afrilancer can be printed and physically delivered (Business Cards, Canvas/Poster Prints, T-Shirts, Flyers, Stationery, etc.).
- Printing and Shipping Terms & Conditions as well as Pricing can be found here.
- Important: Buyers who use the Printing and Shipping Services that require physical delivery, will be asked to provide a shipping address.
- Printing and Shipping are powered by ZenPrint, who shall be responsible for packing shipping, tracking, quality, and condition of items or their delivery.
- Upon completion of a Printing Order, Buyer will receive a confirmation email containing a Printing Order ID as well as the specific details of the Printing Order.
- Upon shipping of the Printing Order, Buyer will receive a confirmation email containing the Shipping tracking ID.
- Users can contact Afrilancer’s customer support department for assistance here.
Disputes and Cancellations
- We encourage our buyers and Afrilancers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails, users can contact Afrilancer’s Customer Support department for assistance here.
- Order cancellations (when eligible) can be performed by Customer Support only up to a period of 13 days from order completion date. We will not cancel orders after that time.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation to these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily disabled to investigate possible security violations. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event of a dispute, you are encouraged to use the Site’s dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter by working it out with the seller or if not possible contact customer support for a resolution.
- Eligibility to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Afrilancer delivery system.
- Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Jobb page. Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.
- Afrilancer reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- Afrilancer does not refund payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider automatically. Funds from order cancellations are refunded to the buyer’s balance as credit and are available for future purchases on Afrilancer. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.
- Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of purchase to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will be refunded along with your deposit.
Afrilancer enables people around the world to create, share, sell and purchase nearly any service they need at an unbeatable value. Services offered on Afrilancer reflect the diversity of an expanding Jobb economy. Members of the Afrilancer community communicate and engage through orders, social media, and on Afrilancer’s Community Forums.
Afrilancer maintains a friendly, community spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of Afrilancer. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on Afrilancer.
- To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Afrilancer in order to circumvent or abuse the Afrilancer messaging system or Afrilancer platform is not permitted.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the order page.
- Afrilancer does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to buyers. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you in the order page.
- Afrilancer does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Afrilancer platform or that are actively violating our Terms of Service.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Afrilancer’s platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages sent to users will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms of Service or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography – Afrilancer does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behavior & Language – Communication on Afrilancer should be friendly, constructive, and professional. Afrilancer condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Community Forum and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam – Afrilancer takes the matter its members’ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the order page. Afrilancers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the buyer. Any users who engage and communicate off of Afrilancer will not be protected by our Terms of Service.
Intellectual Property Claims – Afrilancer will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright or trademark infringement. Our Intellectual Property claims procedures can be reviewed here.
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use Afrilancer for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Afrilancer community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to Afrilancer’s Terms of Service is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on Afrilancer. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or ordering system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell Afrilancer accounts.
- Afrilancer reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these terms of service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of Afrilancer’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on Afrilancer.
- Users who have violated our Terms of Service and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users have the option to enable account Security features to protect their account from any unauthorized usage.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Afrilancers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 45 days, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Afrilancer’s approval.
- Disputes should be handled using Afrilancer’s dispute resolution tools (‘Resolution Center’ on the order page) or by contacting Afrilancer Customer Support.
- Afrilancer may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, Afrilancer will make a new copy of the terms of service available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use Afrilancer after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, Afrilancer will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User Generated Content
User Generated Content (“UGC”) refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site. All content uploaded to Afrilancer by our users (Buyers and Afrilancers) is User Generated Content. Afrilancer does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership as appropriate. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, Afrilancer is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Afrilancers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Jobbs, their delivery, and any communications between buyers and Afrilancers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate Jobbs® service offers.
By offering a service, the seller undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service is offered on Afrilancer. Afrilancers advertising their Jobb online must comply with laws and terms of service of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise. Failing to do so may result in removal of the Jobb and may lead to the suspension of seller’s account.
For specific terms related to Intellectual Property rights and for reporting claims of copyright infringement (DMCA notices) or trademark infringement – please see our Intellectual Property Claims Policy which forms an integral part of these Terms of Service. Note that it is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Ownership and limitations: Unless clearly stated otherwise on the Afrilancers Jobb page/description, when the work is delivered, and subject to payment, the buyer is granted all intellectual property rights, including but not limited to, copyrights for the work delivered from the seller, and the seller waives any and all moral rights therein. The delivered work shall be considered work-for-hire under the U.S. Copyright Act. In the event the delivered work does not meet the requirements of work-for-hire or when US Copyright Act does not apply, the seller expressly agrees to assign to buyer the copyright in the delivered work. All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to buyer shall be subject to full payment for the Jobb and the delivery may not be used if payment is cancelled for any reason. For removal of doubt, in custom created work (such as art work, design work, report generation etc.), the delivered work shall be the exclusive property of buyer, and seller assigns all rights, title and interest in the delivered work. Some Jobbs (including for custom created work) charge additional payments (through Jobb Extras) for a Commercial Use License. This means that if you purchase the Jobb for personal use, you will own all rights you require for such use, and will not need the Commercial Use License. If you intend to use it for any charge or other consideration, or for any purpose that is directly or indirectly in connection with any business, or other undertaking intended for profit, you will need to buy the Commercial Use License through a Jobb Extra and will have broader rights that cover your business use.
Afrilancers further confirm that whatever information they receive from the buyer, which is not public domain, shall be kept confidential and shall not be shared or used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the ordered work to the buyer.
Furthermore, users (both buyers and Afrilancers) agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily create/upload to Afrilancer, including Jobb texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by Afrilancer for no consideration for marketing and/or other purposes.
Commercial Use License
By purchasing a “Commercial Use License” with your order, the Seller grants you a perpetual, exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the purchased delivery for Permitted Commercial Purposes. All intellectual property rights of the purchased delivery are hereby assigned to you. “Permitted Commercial Purposes” means any business related use, such as (by way of example) advertising, promotion, creating web pages, integration into product, software or other business related tools etc., and strictly excludes any illegal, immoral or defamatory purpose. This License is subject to Afrilancer’s Terms of Service. There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this delivery, including with respect to fitness for a particular purpose. Neither the Seller nor Afrilancer will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license, the delivery or your use of the delivery.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER Afrilancer NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH Afrilancer MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL Afrilancer, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.